Preventing Suicide Through Improved Collaboration for Juvenile Justice Youth
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
This short CE course provides recommendations for systems and practitioners in juvenile justice, law enforcement, mental health, substance abuse, child welfare, and education to work collaboratively to successfully prevent suicide.
Author: National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention: Youth in Contact with the Juvenile Justice System Task Force. (2013). Preventing juvenile suicide through improved collaboration: Strategies for mental health and juvenile justice agencies. Washing, DC: National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention.
Retrieved from: https://www.ncmhjj.com/resources/preventing-juvenile-suicide-improved-collaboration-strategies-mental-health-juvenile-justice-agencies/
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize the purpose of state mental health and juvenile justice agencies establishing data collection and information-sharing.
2. Judge what should be done for youth placed on medication as part of mental health treatment while confined.
3. Decide what service component is considered a protective factor against suicide risk.
4. Identify the intensive evidence-based treatment that has consistently demonstrated both improved outcomes related to future crime as well as decreased risk for suicide and self-harm.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Overarching Priorities to Improve Collaboration
a. Overarching Priorities
b. Strategies That Relate to Overarching Priorities
2. Matrix of the Overarching Priorities and Strategies
Date Added: 2017-05-15
Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2019 – 01/03/2020. Social workers completing this course receive 1.00 continuing education credits.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.