Medication for the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course reviews current evidence on the effectiveness of available medications for the treatment of alcohol use disorders and provides guidance for the use of medications in clinical practice. Topics discussed include: when to consider medications; screening and assessing patients; developing a treatment plan and selecting a medication; medication-assisted treatment (MAT); and monitoring patient progress.
1. Discuss the rationale for using available medications for the treatment of alcohol use disorder.
2. Identify the characteristics of FDA-approved medications for alcohol abuse and dependence including efficacy, safety, dosing requirements, and clinical recommendations.
3. Review the steps for screening and assessing patients for at-risk drinking and alcohol use disorder.
4. Outline strategies to develop a treatment plan and select the best medication for MAT.
5. Describe recommendations for monitoring MAT patient progress and adjusting the treatment plan if necessary.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2015-04-10