Crisis Services - Effectiveness and Economics
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This course summarizes the evidence base on the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of different types of crisis services, and then presents case studies of different approaches that states are using to coordinate, consolidate, and blend fund sources in order to provide robust crisis services.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the primary objectives of the 23-hour crisis observation, residential crisis services, mobile crisis services, crisis hotlines, and warm lines.
2. Enumerate the core attributes of residential crisis services.
3. Explain how current literature evaluates residential care in regard to its effectiveness compared to other longer psychiatric inpatient care for improving symptoms and functioning.
4. Investigate how having an emergency evaluation unit impacts the rate of hospital admission.
5. Compare and contrast the satisfaction and cost of crisis residential care services vs. traditional inpatient care.
6. Examine the top coping strategies for suicidal thoughts cited by individuals with serious mental illness and a history of suicidal behavior.
7. Scrutinize the sources that represent the largest proportion of crisis services funding for states.
8. Define crisis stabilization and explain how it assists with deescalating the severity of a person’s level of distress and/or need for urgent care.
9. Elucidate the role of an advanced directive for people with mental illnesses.
10. Identify what the studies have found to be responsible for the significant cost savings that result from crisis services.
11. Describe warm lines and explain their similarities and differences to hotlines.
Date Added: 2014-09-06
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.