Assessment and Treatment of Adults with Substance Use Disorders
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course has been developed for adults who may have substance use disorders and referred to the behavioral health system. This course is specifically targeted for Tribal and Regional Behavioral Health Authorities and their subcontracted network and provider agency staff who complete assessments, participate in the service planning process, provide therapy, case management and other clinical services, or supervise staff that provide these services to adults with substance use disorders.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what much of the money spent on health-related drug abuse costs is spent on instead of on identifying and intervening early in emerging cases of drug abuse or treating individuals with substance use disorders.
2. Examine how substance use disorder treatment fits in to the rest of the healthcare system and how this may impact the successful treatment of patients needing it.
3. Explain how most individuals require long-term or repeated episodes of care to achieve the ultimate goal of sustained abstinence and recovery of their lives.
4. Investigate the key principles that should form the basis of any effective substance use disorder treatment program.
5. Examine the importance of the interview style to avoid defensiveness about the behaviors resulting from the patient’s substance use disorders to allow the development of stage specific interventions.
6. Elucidate how to determine when an individual with substance use disorder can be treated at a different level of care or discharged from treatment.
7. Describe the outcomes of the motivation-enhancing approach and how this has long-lasting positive results for the patient’s life and the lives of those around them.
Date Added: 2014-08-04
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.