Medicaid and Behavioral Health
$30.00 | CEU Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
This handbook is intended to provide the reader with a basic understanding of the Medicaid program. There is a specific emphasis on the interplay between Medicaid principles and behavioral health services. The goal is for the reader to navigate his or her state Medicaid program so that he or she can contribute meaningfully to policy conversations related to provision of behavioral health services to individuals who are eligible for Medicaid.
1. Identify the role that Medicaid plays in the financing of treatment for mental health or substance use disorders.
2. Discuss the history, structure, administration, and eligibility requirements of Medicaid as well as federal laws and regulations that define the program.
3. Evaluate how The Affordable Care Act and the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) may impact on the lives of those requiring behavioral health services.
4. Outline the interplay between Medicaid principles and behavioral health services in offering an effective mental health and substance abuse system.
5. Summarize the principles relative to Medicaid providers, the difference between services and providers, as well as characteristics of Medicaid providers and of Behavioral Health Services providers.
6. Describe various care coordination initiatives along with the relationship between Medicaid and Medicare.
Date Added: 2013-11-19
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.