Hep C Counseling and Testing
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides guidance for counseling and testing of individuals who are at risk for or potentially infected with the hepatitis C virus (HCV). Topics discussed include: background; testing; antibody negative / non-reactive test results; antibody positive / reactive test results; confirmatory testing; and HCV rapid antibody testing.
1. Outline basic facts about transmission, prevention, symptoms, and treatment of hepatitis C, while differentiating between acute and chronic hepatitis.
2. Summarize the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations for testing for Hepatitis C.
3. Identify the goals of a hepatitis C antibody testing as well as steps recommended when disclosing antibody negative/nonreactive and antibody positive/reactive test results.
4. Discuss the use of the RNA testing process to confirm or negate the presence of the hepatitis C virus.
5. Describe the characteristics and advantages of HCV rapid antibody testing.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.
Added On: 2015-05-16