Privacy and Security of Electronic Health Information (HIPAA)
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Everyone has a role to play in the privacy and security of electronic health information. This CE course helps health care providers better understand how to integrate federal health information privacy and security requirements into their practices.
Article Author: The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the items that must be included in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
2. Investigate what information the CE can and cannot disclose without an individual’s written authorization.
3. Scrutinize who is responsible for taking the steps needed to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of health information in health care provider’s EHR.
4. Describe what the first comprehensive security risk analysis should accomplish.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-06-13