Domestic Abuse in Later Life
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Description
Domestic Abuse in Later Life presents five compelling stories of abuse in later life conveyed by the survivors themselves, amplified by interviews with the professionals who worked with them. Additional segments address emergency housing, support groups, and effective advocacy and three critical issues for older victims of abuse.
This CE course is based soley on the pdf guide provided. However, participants may benefit further from ordering and watching the DVD's that are available from the Office of Victims. Order via this link:
Article Author: Jane Raymond, M.S., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the characteristics and causes of domestic violence and sexual abuse in later life, including forms of abuse and abuser tactics.
2. Identify the roles of various systems and agencies who encounter elder abuse, such as adult protective services, health care systems, criminal justice professionals, and domestic abuse and sexual assault advocates.
3. Evaluate the role of power and control dynamics in elder abuse cases, while realizing the benefit of using a victim-centered approach that emphasizes empowerment.
4. Recognize how emergency housing, support groups, and effective advocacy can be used productively to assist older adult victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
5. Review case studies of elder abuse in order to acknowledge myths and justifications associated with these cases, while also identifying appropriate interventions for the victims.
Date Added: 2012-02-17
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.