Violence Prevention, Factors Related to Violence and Treatment Programs
$39.00 | CE Hours:13.00 | Intermediate
Nevada DV Treatment Program - Pending Approval
CE Course Description
High levels of violence across the U.S. compared with other countries suggest that there are beliefs, values, and policies underlying our national culture that, if better understood and thoughtfully discussed, could reduce violence. Furthermore, whether violence takes the form of delinquency, suicide, or domestic violence, there are many common predictors that represent many of the forms of trauma experienced by children and youth incorporated as “adverse childhood experiences,” but the set of predictors goes beyond the factors that are consistently found associated with higher levels of violence. This CE course provides a review of research and evaluation studies, as well as promising and proven interventions, to identify programs, policies, and practices that can contribute to reducing high levels of violence in the United States.
Article Authors: K. Moore, Ph.D.; C. Hanson, M.S., M.P.P.; B. Stratford, Ph.D.; J. Thompson, M.A.; D. Temkin, Ph.D.; H. Schmitz; S. Caal, Ph.D.; and S. Hickman, M.A.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the factors that correlates with increased violence in countries around the world.
2. Enumerate the major distinctions between adult and teen relationship violence.
3. Investigate the family risk factors that are common across the developmental stages of childhood and increase the risk of violence.
4. Examine how adequate sleep is associated with reducing violence.
5. Identify the family process characteristics that are directly associated with the development of violent behaviors.
6. Describe the most effective outpatient interventions to treat alcohol abuse among adolescents.
Date Added: 2015-11-30
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.