Suicide Prevention Treatment and Support
$18.00 | CEU Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
This course meets CCU approval in KY for OT's and OTA's Approval #18-03 only. It is NOT approved for LPC's to meet the mandatory Suicide training.*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This course focuses on: healthy and empowered individuals, families, and communities; clinical and community preventive services; treatment and support services; surveillance, research, and evaluation; and the national strategy for suicide prevention goals and objectives for action.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin MD
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain where and when education efforts would help the suicidal person and his or her family members and/or support network maintain physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health and well-being.
2. Compare and contrast protective factors and risk factors for suicide.
3. Discuss how men and women differ in their thoughts about suicide and attempts or completion of suicide.
4. Identify which disorders are most commonly linked to suicidal thoughts.
5. Explain how acts of self-injury may impact suicidal behavior later in life.
6. Discuss how the goal of saving lives is measured.
7. List the recommendations for suicide prevention and identify which has been linked to the largest decrease in suicide rates.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.