Ethics for Substance Abuse Counselors
$18.00 | CEU Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course for Substance Abuse Counselors was compiled from the various codes of Ethics by both National (NAADAC) and large state board addiction treatment credentialing agencies. These codes cover the domains of most importance to Substance Abuse Counselors.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Summarize the components of the NAADAC Code of Ethics including the responsibility to the counseling relationship, professional standards, and workplace expectations.
2. Differentiate between the standards of The Florida Certification Board Certified Professional Code of Ethics and the Iowa Board of Certification Code of Ethics for Alcohol and Drug Counselors.
3. Outline the legal and moral standards for alcohol and drug abuse counselors.
4. Identify the key elements of the California AOD Counselors, Certificants, and Registrants Uniform Code of Conduct.
5. Discuss the Scope of Practice guidelines for the (CCBADC) Registered Recovery Worker including requirements, role, and delivery of service requirements.
6. Review the principles of the Code of Ethics for Certified Prevention Specialists and for California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.