Sexual Assault in the Military
$18.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Questions related to sexual assault in the military involve both sex discrimination and the denial of equal protection in the administration of justice. This CEU course examines how the Department of Defense and its Armed Services respond to Service members who report having been sexually assaulted and how it investigates and disciplines Service members accused of perpetrating sexual assault. Also reviewed in this course is how the military educates Service members and trains military criminal investigators and military lawyers about sexual assault offenses.
Article Author: Martin Castro, Chairman of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what is at fault for creating a two-tiered military culture that fostered tolerance of sexual harassment and sexual assault.
2. Explain the goal of the bystander intervention training.
3. Investigate the correlation between sexual harassment and sexual assault.
4. Compare and contrast the three types of courts-martial and describe when each would be used.
5. Examine the accused’s commander role in sexual assault cases.
6. Identify why the Defense Task Force recommends that commanders communicate the outcomes of sexual assault reports to members of their command.
Date Added: 2016-03-10
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.