New! PTSD and Suicide
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
In recent years, the increasing suicide rates among Veterans and active duty military members has brought predictors of suicide with specific relevance to these populations to the forefront of the research in this area. This CE course summarizes the state of the literature on the association between post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and death from suicide across civilian, active duty, and Veteran populations.
Author: PTSD and Death from Suicide. (2017). Gradus, Jaimie. National Center for PTSD. Volume 28, No. 4.
Retrieved from: https://www.ptsd.va.gov/publications/ptsd_rq.asp
CE Course Objectives
1. Name three factors that are associated with suicides among active duty members of the US military.
2. Conclude the disorder that puts women at a particularly elevated risk for suicide.
3. Identify what has the largest influence on the association between PTSD and suicide.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Point: PTSD increases risk for death from suicide
2. Counterpoint: PTSD is protective against death from suicide
3. Understanding disparate findings
4. Featured articles
Date Added: 2018-11-19
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.