Psychotherapy and Video Games
$24.00 | CE Hours:8.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This ebook course takes a fresh look at video games and technology, their impact on our lives, and what they could mean for the future of psychotherapy.
*This course is NOT in any way endorsed or certified by the author of the book used for its creation.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe the elements of play and how they pertain to gaming and therapy.
2. Define gamification and discuss its application to psychotherapy.
3. Identify ways that therapists can learn from their gamers, be open to the role of technology in today's world, and use social media to educate and help patients.
4. Summarize the characteristics of a gamer-affirmative therapist.
5. Recognize how psychological theory can be applied to gaming while also becoming familiar with gaming terminology.
Date Added: 2013-04-11
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.