Disaster and Trauma Psychological Recovery Skills for Social Workers
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Individuals affected by a disaster or traumatic incident, whether survivors, witnesses, or responders to such events, may struggle with or face new challenges in the weeks and months following the event. This CE course is designed to help survivors gain skills to reduce ongoing distress and effectively cope with post-disaster stresses and adversities.
Author: Berkowitz, S., Bryant, R., Brymer, M., Hamblen, J., Jacobs, A., Layne, C., Macy, R., Osofsky, H., Pynoos, R., Ruzek, J., Steinberg, A., Vernberg, E., & Watson, P. (2010). The National Center for PTSD & the National Child Traumatic Stress Network. Skills for Psychological Recovery: Field Operations Guide.
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain what the social worker should do in order to respond to survivors in a compassionate and helpful manner.
2. List three survivors that should immediately be referred.
3. Evaluate the crucial first steps in using SPR with survivors.
4. Summarize the steps that should be used to prevent setbacks.
5. Identify the number of contacts that should be scheduled if an individual identifies a significant problem.
6. Describe the guidelines for clarifying problem areas with empathy.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Delivery Considerations
2. Core Skills
a. Gathering Information and Prioritizing Assistance
b. Building Problem-Solving Skills
c. Promoting Positive Activities
d. Managing Reactions
e. Promoting Helpful Thinking
f. Rebuilding Healthy Social Connections
Date Added: 2017-12-28
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.