The Problem of Prescription Drug Use in the United States
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course sets out to improve the understanding of current prescription drug abuse activities and analyze a report which provides a review of current initiatives and identifies opportunities to ensure the safe use of prescription drugs with the potential for abuse and the treatment of prescription drug dependence.
Article Author: HHS Behavioral Health Coordinating Committee (BHCC), is a coordinating body within HHS that identifies and facilitates collaborative, action-oriented approaches to addressing the HHS behavioral health agenda. Co-chaired by the Assistant Secretary for Health, Dr. Howard Koh, and the Administrator of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Pam Hyde, the Committee has five subcommittees: Communications; Early Intervention/Institute of Medicine Implementation; Prescription Drug Abuse; Primary Care/Behavioral health Integration; and Underage Drinking and Alcohol Policy.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Examine the problem of prescription drug abuse in the United States including personal and public health consequences.
2. Discuss the epidemiology and drivers of prescription drug abuse among various populations.
3. Describe current HHS activities that are addressing prescription drug abuse as well as ways to promote and enhance these programs.
4. Review key findings related to substance abuse prevention, drug abuse treatment, and overdose prevention initiatives.
5. Identify the purpose and prevalence of prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) and what research is saying about their effectiveness.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.