Treating Pregnant and Parenting Women with Opioid Use Disorder
$18.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
The nation’s opioid epidemic continues to compromise the health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities. This CE course provides comprehensive, national guidance for the optimal management of pregnant and parenting women with an opioid use disorder (OUD) and their infants.
Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Clinical Guidance for Treating Pregnant and Parenting Women With Opioid Use Disorder and Their Infants. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 18-5054. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2018.
CE Course Objectives
1. Restate what is associated with the degree of NAS the baby may experience.
2. Explain three items that the discharge plan of safe care should address.
3. Consider three barriers that can prevent women from receiving essential prenatal care or treatment for their OUD until they are close to delivery or in labor.
4. Evaluate the risk of birth defects associated with the use of methadone and buprenorphine.
5. Identify the problematic pharmacokinetic drug interactions that may occur when psychotropic medications are combined with buprenorphine.
6. Describe what nonpharmacologic care of the substance-exposed mother-infant dyad consists of.
CE Outline with Main Points
c. Barriers to Treatment
d. Effective Interventions and Guidelines
e. Definition of Terms
f. Creation of the Guide
g. RAM Methodology
h. Limitations to the RAM Process and Gaps Identified in the Research
i. How To Use the Clinical Guide
a. Prenatal Care
b. Infant Care
c. Maternal Postnatal Care
3. Suitable Development Assessments for Opioid-Exposed Infants and Children
Date Added: 2018-03-05
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.