Preconception Care and Contraception for HIV Infected Women
$27.00 | CE Hours:9.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Studies of pregnancy in the HAART era indicate that pregnancy is common after a diagnosis of HIV and live birth rates are significantly increased when compared with the pre-HAART period; abortion is less common; and HIV infected women often desire more children, influenced by advances in HIV care. This CEU course reviews issues related to reproductive decision-making, including preconception care and counseling and use of contraception to reduce unintended pregnancy. In addition, issues related to pregnancy and guidelines for care during pregnancy to optimize the health of both the mother and her baby are discussed.
Article Author: Jean R. Anderson, M.D., et al.; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss factors to consider when helping a woman choose the best method of contraception for herself and her partner.
2. Enumerate the goals of preconception care.
3. Explain when a pregnant woman should be counseled to avoid unprotected genital and oral sexual contact during pregnancy.
4. Examine factors unique to pregnancy that may increase risk for the development of ARV resistance.
5. Identify manifestations of congenital syphilis in the newborn.
6. Describe the subsets of women that are at an increased risk for unintended pregnancy.
Date Added: 2016-02-20
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.