Methods for Locating Missing Adults with Dementia
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course focuses on strategies that are available to cope with, and curb, the potential crisis of adults with dementia going missing. The purpose of this course is to: provide an understanding of the scope of the problem and practical knowledge about available methods and technologies designed to assist in the rescue and return of individuals with dementia; the education of the most effective ways to address the problem of wandering; and to facilitate the prompt and secure return of wanderers.
1. Differentiate between commonly-used terms that describe wandering behavior by persons with Alzheimer's disease or dementia.
2. Describe how Alzheimer's Disease, and in particular wandering behavior, impacts individuals with the disease as well as their caregivers, law enforcement, health and social services agencies, and the public.
3. Identify available methods and technologies designed to assist in the rescue and return of individuals with dementia.
4. Outline ways to engage law enforcement in educating caregivers and community members about wandering behaviors and interventions.
5. Summarize measures that can be implemented in a person's residence or in a skilled care facility to prevent a missing incident.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.