Lifetime Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) is a serious preventable public health problem that affects millions of Americans and occurs across the lifespan. This CEU course discusses strategies based on the best available evidence to help social workers sharpen their focus on prevention activities with the greatest potential to prevent IPV and its consequences across the lifespan.
Author: Niolon, P., Kearns, M., Dills, J., Rambo, K., Irving, S., Armstead, T., & Guilbert, L. (2017). Preventing Intimate Partner Violence Across the Lifespan: A Technical Package of Programs, Policies, and Practices. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pub/technical-packages.html
CEU Course Objectives
1. List three factors that put individuals at risk for perpetrating IPV.
2. Explain the technique critical to a primary prevention approach to the problem of IPV.
3. Conclude when IPV often begins.
4. Evaluate community-level approaches for creating protective environments against the perpetration of partner violence.
5. Identify for whom the lifetime prevalence of experiencing IPV is highest.
6. Describe three approaches for interrupting the developmental pathways contributing to partner violence.
CEU Outline with Main Points
1. Teach Safe and Healthy Relationship Skills
2. Engage Influential Adults and Peers
3. Disrupt the Developmental Pathways Toward Partner Violence
4. Create Protective Environments
5. Strengthen Economic Supports for Families
6. Support survivors to Increase Safety and Lessen Harms
7. Sector Involvement
8. Monitoring and Evaluation
Date Added: 2017-12-16
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.