Juvenile Sex Offenders
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Statistics on the incidence and prevalence of sex crimes, as well as trend data, can provide important insight into the nature and extent of sexual violence that practitioners can use to design and deliver more effective prevention and intervention strategies. This CE course presents empirically derived information that helps paint a portrait of what is currently known about the incidence and prevalence of sexual offending and victimization. It also describes the strengths and weaknesses of the available data so practitioners can better assess and interpret the existing knowledge base.
Article Author: Phil Rich, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss what has been found to be predictive of subsequent sexual perpetration.
2. Investigate the personality trait that contributes significantly to the social learning model.
3. Examine why neither actuarial nor clinical risk assessment instruments stand up to rigorous scientific scrutiny.
4. Scrutinize the type of abuse that has an indirect effect on sexual coercion.
5. Identify motivating factors for the majority of adolescents who sexually victimized peer or older females.
6. Provide the single risk factor, with relatively high predictive strength, that is alone capable of predicting recidivism accurately.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.