Addressing Intimate Partner Violence in Healthy Relationship Programs
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This short CEU course describes healthy relationship programs’ current approaches to addressing intimate partner violence (IPV) and teen dating violence (TDV).
Article Author: Kate Krieger, et al.; The Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the reasons that healthy relationship programs must be prepared to address IPV and TDV.
2. Explain the motivation to screen out adult participants who experience IPV.
3. Investigate the staffing factors needed for programs to be most likely to maintain a consistent investment in partnerships with local domestic violence programs.
4. Examine what universal education on IPV / TDV should include.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-07-17