HIV AIDS Clinical Care - Testing and Assessment
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides health care professionals working with the HIV-infected population information on the initial and interim history, physical examination, and laboratory tests; HIV classification; CD4 and viral load monitoring; risk of HIV progression and indications for ART; early HIV infection; expedited HIV testing; resistance testing; and the Karnofsky performance scale.
Article Author: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the items that should be recorded at each visit.
2. Explain the rationale for a CD4 count.
3. Investigate the consequences that higher plasma viral loads are associated with.
4. Identify, according to the HHS guidelines, which factors or coexisting conditions signal the need for speedier initiation of therapy.
5. Describe the ramifications that potential advantages of ART for primary infection must be weighed against.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-10-10