Health Factors Affecting Women of Color for Social Workers
$7.50 | CEU Hours:2.50 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course examines the health care systems, the major diseases, and the barriers to accessing health care for women of American Indians / Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders, Hispanics and Latinos, Blacks / African Americans, and Asian Americans.
Author: Leigh, W., Li, Y., and McKinley, S. Women of Color Health Data Book. Fourth Edition. (2014, October). NIH Publication No. 14-4247. Office of Research on Women's Health, Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Appraise the reason for urban American Indian women having both greater difficulties in obtaining access to prenatal care and less likelihood of getting such care than women of other racial / ethnic groups.
2. Name three factors associated with the greater incidence of low-weight infants born to black women.
3. Explain why the prevalence of hypertension among blacks varies.
4. Conclude what the high rate of Hmong women declining treatment is attributed to.
5. Identify what inhibits the use of preventive health services for cancer and other conditions among American Samoans.
6. Describe the reason for the high prevalence of obesity and related health problems and mortality among American Indians / Alaska Natives.
CEU Outline with Main Points
1. Ethnic and Racial Heritage
2. American Indians and Alaska Natives
3. Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders
a. Health Care Systems
b. Native Hawaiians
c. Other Pacific Islanders
4. Hispanics or Latinos
5. Blacks or African Americans
6. Asian Americans
a. Major Subpopulations
b. Factors Affecting Health
Date Added: 2017-12-28
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.