Family Engagement to Improve Child Welfare Outcomes
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
Engaging families in the casework process promotes the safety, permanency, and well-being of children and families in the child welfare system and is central to successful practice. This CE course provides an overview of the foundational elements of the family engagement approach, as well as strategies and promising practices for implementing this approach at the case level, peer level, and system level.
Author: Child Welfare Information Gateway. (2016). Family engagement: Partnering with families to improve child welfare outcomes. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children’s Bureau.
Retrieved from: https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/f-fam-engagement/
CE Course Objectives
1. Name three improved outcomes that result from Solution-Based Casework.
2. Explain when families are more likely to commit to achieving case goals.
3. Identify the hallmark of family engagement practice.
4. Describe three approaches that can be used to promote family engagement in daily practice.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. The Benefits of Family Engagement
2. Strategies for Engaging Families at the Practice Level
a. The Basic of Practice-Level Engagement
b. Using Supportive Behaviors
c. Instituting Family Teaming Models
d. Incorporating Family Finding
e. Encouraging Father Involvement
f. Employing the Solution-Based Casework Approach
g. Using the Motivational Interview
h. Developing Cultural Competence
3. Engaging Parents as Peer Mentors at the Program Level
4. Promoting Family Engagement at the Systems Level
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.
Added On: 2018-11-05