Ethics for Social Workers
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
Florida Licensee's: This course is approved for Ethics credit for Licensed Social Workers and General Credit for MT, MH and CN
CEU Course Description
Social workers and other behavioral health professionals are expected to protect the well-being of their clients and adhere to the values, ethical principles, and standards of the profession. The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of issues that social workers may face in the areas of competence, social diversity, informed consent, conflicts of interest, privacy and confidentiality, as well as other concerns. Ethical responsibilities to clients, society, and the profession are discussed along with the evolution of ethical standards in the profession. Finally, several clinical vignettes are presented that offer practical examples of dilemmas that social workers may face, as well as possible strategies to manage such conflicts.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Identify the purposes of developing and promoting codes of ethics for clinical social workers.
2. Summarize the history and evolution of ethical standards in the social work profession.
3. Discuss ethical concerns that social workers face related to competence and integrity, social and cultural diversity, confidentiality and privacy, conflicts of interest, and dual relationships.
4. Evaluate social workers’ ethical response to colleagues, the profession, and the broader society.
5. Examine practical examples of ethical dilemmas that LCSWs may face and review potential solutions.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.