Disaster Planning for Behavioral Health Treatment Programs
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This Technical Assistance Publication (TAP), Disaster Planning Handbook for Behavioral Health Treatment Programs, provides guidance, and the underlying rationale, for management and staff as they work together to create a comprehensive, scalable, and flexible disaster plan. This resource can be used by management and the program’s disaster planning team as they develop or update program processes, procedures, and written reference tools that support a rapid and effective response when a disaster occurs.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe the rationale for planning for a disaster and list essential providers and partners.
2. Outline the development process and components of a written disaster plan.
3. Review ways in which disaster planners can help programs avoid discontinuation of essential services and prepare the program and its facilities in ways that will lessen the impact of a disaster.
4. Discuss the steps involved in creating a disaster planning team and summarize steps to develop content for each part of the disaster plan.
5. Identify strategies to test, activate, deactivate, and update the plan, and for coordinating with the community as it recovers from the disaster.
6. Evaluate planning issues specific to at-risk populations as well as the needs of programs that offer prevention services, and outpatient, residential, or medication-assistant treatment.
Date Added: 2014-03-25
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.