Correctional Assessment - Beyond Risk and Needs
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 05/31/2020. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CEU Course Description
This CE course describes a comprehensive approach to assessment, developed by the National Council on Crime and Delinquency, that successfully addresses the following objectives of best practices in correctional assessment: resources should target high-risk offenders; programs should address needs related to each offender’s criminal behavior; and case plans should employ strategies that reflect the learning style, motivation, capacities, and circumstances of each offender. In addition, a comprehensive summary of the history, development, and future of the Correctional Assessment and Intervention System (CAIS) and the Juvenile Assessment and Intervention System (JAIS) are provided.
Knowledge and consent by NCCD should be obtained prior to any assessment tool learned from this course being used.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Investigate what Client Management Classification evaluation studies have demonstrated regarding the group of offenders that it is used on.
2. Compare and contrast the four case types of offenders and describe recommended supervision strategies.
3. Identify the offender settings that the CAIS and JAIS systems can be used for due to the comprehensive recommendations produced.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-04-17