Clinical Supervision and Professional Development
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
ICB Credit for Counselor I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, NCRS II, CFPP II , CVSS II Includes 2 CE hrs of Ethics
CE Course Description
Supervisors are teachers, coaches, consultants, mentors, evaluators, and administrators; you provide support, encouragement, and education to staff while addressing an array of psychological, interpersonal, physical, and spiritual issues of clients.
This course focuses on the teaching, coaching, consulting, and mentoring functions of clinical supervisors. This particular course contains valuable information and is pertinent to clinical supervisors in 'all' fields even though the research and clinical findings discussed in this 'best practice' manual are referring to the field of substance abuse counseling. This course is recommended for Social Workers and Therapists seeking to become supervisors in California.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, David J. Powell, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Evaluate the teaching, coaching, consulting, and mentoring functions of clinical supervisors and determine how effective supervision leads to a high quality of clinical care.
2. Describe various models, methods, and techniques of clinical supervision, developmental stages of counselors and supervisors, and cultural, contextual, ethical, and legal issues that effect supervisory relationships.
3. Review specific examples of clinical supervision strategies while recognizing skills that supervisors need as part of their clinical, supportive, evaluative, and administrative roles.
4. Identify key issues for administrators as they implement a clinical supervision program including organizational readiness and supervision guidelines.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2016-10-27