Children in Foster Care - Parents in Prison
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides help with facilitating communication and cooperation between child welfare agencies and federal prisons so that parents can stay engaged in their children’s lives. Explained in this course are common questions: social workers may have when managing cases of children with parents in federal prison; unit teams in federal prisons may have when working with incarcerated parents with children in foster care; and for those at residential reentry centers. Also discussed is the incarceration process from arrest to release and the child welfare system’s process from initial report and the child’s placement in foster care to case planning and working towards a permanent solution.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss how the case plan should be written, who should be included in the process, and what items should be incorporated.
2. Enumerate in which situations every state requires the child welfare agency to file a petition asking the court to terminate parental rights.
3. Describe how child welfare social workers should work with case managers in prisons to make sure proper arrangements are made for the parent to be involved in reunification with their child.
4. Investigate the exceptions to the federal child welfare law that requires child welfare agencies to initiate Termination of Parental Rights.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2015-06-14