$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
Due to the age of the material, this course will be discontinued from our library on 8/3/2018.
CEU Course Description
This CE course is a summary of what the most up-to-date science has to say about marijuana and its effects on those who use it - both young and old, by examining marijuana’s: use in the United States; effects on the body; impairment of driving; addictive properties; long-term effects on the brain; use as a gateway drug; influence on school, work, and social life; link to mental illness; use as a medicine; and use during pregnancy.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the scope of marijuana use in the United States, and the consequences of acute, persistent, and long-term marijuana abuse.
2. Summarize what research is saying about the addictive properties of marijuana and its potential as a gateway drug.
3. Discuss the addictive properties of marijuana as well as the link between its use and mental illness.
4. Analyze the potential medicinal properties of marijuana.
5. Identify available interventions for marijuana disorders and rates of treatment success.
6. Review relevant research findings in the areas of marijuana use and abuse, effects and consequences, and treatment outcomes.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.