Domestic Violence and the Holidays: Cultural Sensitivity
$8.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Questions may arise about the increase of domestic violence during the holiday season and how to appropriately meet the needs of survivors and advocates working in shelters through the holiday season. This CEU course examines several issues to consider when working with survivors and their families during the holiday season.
Article Author: National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Investigate strategies for easing communal living, increasing harmony, supporting parenting in shelters, and ensuring safety.
2. Examine what shelter staff should do when involving residents in decision-making.
3. Identify which activity has been shown to be a therapeutic and educational experience for shelter workers and residents alike, also providing esthetic, economic, and social and cultural benefits to domestic violence programs.
4. Describe how advocates can help keep the season safe for survivors.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-06-19