Information Sharing Between Criminal Justice and Healthcare Communities to Enhance Health and Public Safety
$21.00 | CE Hours:7.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course: identifies the full range of beneficial information exchanges between the criminal justice and healthcare systems; provides detail on specific information exchanges within the context of routine criminal justice and health operations; serves as a guide to policymakers and practitioners seeking to implement information exchange, by offering detail on workflow and implementation issues; and offers a “blueprint” to certain specific information exchanges through the development of technical use cases.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the range of information that would be valuable to exchange between health providers and the criminal justice agencies.
2. Explain the reasons that 42 CFR Part 2 permits substance abuse treatment records to be shared with the criminal justice system.
3. Investigate the benefits that coordinated care has been shown to result in.
4. Examine how health privacy laws are intended to reduce barriers to needed care.
5. Elucidate the overarching goal of information exchange between community-based health providers and the criminal justice system.
6. Provide the instances for which protected health information disclosure to criminal justice entities are permissible without client authorization.
Date Added: 2015-08-07
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.