Creating a Juvenile Justice LGBTQ Task Force
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides instruction regarding how to establish a task force, along with guidance on handling possible challenges to this work. Topics discussed include: the role of the task force; intersecting identities; recruitment and retention; facilitating the task force; drafting a comprehensive policy; challenges within and outside of the task force; and policy implementation.
Knowledge and consent by NCCD should be obtained prior to any assessment tool learned from this course being used.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the types of members that are important to include in a task force.
2. Investigate, in addition to a youth’s sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression, a crucial demographic of focus.
3. Examine why it may be difficult to obtain consistent youth participation and the accommodations that can be made to avoid such problems.
4. Identify recommendations with regard to policy implementation.
5. Describe the aspects that should be considered and carried out at each task force meeting.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2015-06-18