Treatment for Cutting and Other Nonsuicidal Self-Injury Behaviors
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CEU Course Description
This CE course examines: the behaviors that are considered nonsuicidal self-injury; the populations that self-injury is most commonly seen in and the reasons for such behaviors; the link between self-injury and suicide; and how to measure, assess, and treat nonsuicidal self-injury behaviors.
Article Author: Tiev LaGuire, M.S.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the body areas that are rarely harmed and are particularly alarming when they are.
2. Enumerate what clients rank as the most helpful strategies in treatment.
3. Explain which demographic variables are significantly linked to nonsuicidal self-injury.
4. Investigate the co-occurring disorders that are at an increased risk for nonsuicidal self-injury.
5. Examine how self-injury is linked to suicide.
6. Identify the important and independent predictors of self-injury among the jail population.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-04-01