Suicide Prevention Training for the Clinical Workforce
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Having a competent and confident clinical workforce is critical to reducing the rate of suicide. This CE course provides guidelines for a template to construct a solid training program in suicide prevention, including risk assessment, intervention, monitoring, and follow-up, for those disciplines in the clinical workforce.
Article Author: Franklin Cook, MA, CPC, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Investigate what the selection of a trainer should consider.
2. Examine which were rated as having the highest number of programs that required specific course work entirely focused on suicide prevention.
3. Identify the key step to prevent and intervene competently with persons at risk of suicide.
4. Describe where the emphasis should be placed for reinforcement of a therapeutic relationship.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-04-16