Disruptive Behavior Disorders: Evidence-Based Practices
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Description
This course addresses the first step in selecting evidence-based practices: understanding the population of interest. It identifies risk factors, protective factors, behavioral manifestations across three developmental stages, diagnostic criteria, co-occurring conditions, and the course of these disorders.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Syliva Fisher, PhD., Pamela Fischer, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the characteristics and needs of children with Disruptive Behavior Disorders (DBDs) including risk factors, protective factors, behavioral manifestations, diagnostic criteria, co-occurring conditions, and the course of these disorders.
2. Identify numerous Evidence Based Practices (EBPs) for children with DBDs including a description of the intervention, research base and outcomes, and implementation and dissemination issues for each practice.
3. Review specific resources that will assist in promoting, adopting, implementing, and disseminating EBPs in children’s mental health service systems and throughout the professional mental health field.
4. Evaluate various medications available to youths with disruptive behavior disorders (DBDs), while determining what medical treatment options exist and how to prevent the inappropriate use of medications.
5. Determine practical ways to match EBPs with communities, agencies, families, and youth while discovering how to understand and use scientific evidence when choosing a practice.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2011-11-29