Strategies for Preventing Child Maltreatment
$30.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
The problems that children develop due to child abuse and neglect have negative impacts that ripple across the lifespan, affecting children’s chances to succeed in school, work, and relationships. This CEU course focuses on protective factors that build family strengths and promote optimal child and youth development in an effort to support service providers as they work with parents, caregivers, and their children to prevent child maltreatment and promote social and emotional well-being.
Article Author: JooYeun Chang, J.D.; Administration on Children, Youth, and Families
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate who are considered vulnerable populations.
2. Investigate the questions that the parent should be asked in order to explore how the parent observes and attends to the child.
3. Compare and contrast the signs and symptoms of the different types of child maltreatment.
4. Examine ways to promote bonding between parents and babies.
5. Identify the most common risk factors for child abuse.
6. Describe the goal of CDC’s Essentials for Childhood.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-04-26