Tips for Caregivers of People with Alzheimer's
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
Also approved for Oregon DHS providers AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Overview
This course is a support guide for caregivers of Alzheimer's patients. It offers "best practices" for people who have taken on the role of caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease. It includes ways to minmize stress and make the most of all of the situations such people encounter daily, such as communication, bathing, dressing and eating, and exercise. It covers how best to deal with common Alzheimer's patient issues, e.g., sleep problems, hallucinations and delusions, and wandering, as well as such topics as home safety and doctor visits.
CE Course Objectives
1. Know the best practices in home care for Alzheimer's patients.
2. Recognize and be prepared to cope with the many common difficulties of caring for someone with Alzheimer's.
3. Be able to adequately support someone caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's disease.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-11-06