Victims of Human Trafficking
$30.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Human trafficking, also known as modern day slavery, is a crime that involves the exploitation of a person for the purpose of compelled labor or a commercial sex act. This CEU course details a series of coordinated actions to strengthen the reach and effectiveness of services provided to all victims of human trafficking. Included in this course are the steps to create a victim services network that is comprehensive, trauma-informed, and responsive to the needs of all victims.
Article Author: The Department of Justice, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Homeland Security
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what federal actions must occur in order to reach the goal of developing evidence-based approaches.
2. Explain how many people become victims of human trafficking.
3. Compare and contrast victim-centered and trauma-informed approaches.
4. Examine the issues in achieving long-term recovery and self-sufficiency for human trafficking survivors.
5. Identify what leads few victims to seek assistance independently, either from law enforcement or service providers.
6. Describe what the ability to effectively identify victims and hold offenders accountable depends on.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-07-02