Parenting a Child Who Has Been Sexually Abused - A Guide for Foster and Adoptive Parents
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
Due to the age of the material, this course will be discontinued from our library on 01/31/2020.
CEU Course Description
This course discusses how to help children in foster and adoptive care through education about child sexual abuse, establishing guidelines for family safety and privacy, and understanding when and how to seek help if or when it is needed.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the tactics that sexual abusers may use to engage the child being abused and explain how these tactics may confuse the child.
2. Enumerate the signs and symptoms that may suggest that a child could be the victim of sexual abuse.
3. Investigate the significance of establishing family guidelines for safety and privacy, not only for the child that has been sexually abused, but also for the rest of the adoptive or foster family.
4. Identify useful strategies that the family can work with the child on to prevent further abuse.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-12-20