Groupwork with Men Who Batter
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-17 for DV 1 Offender CE Hour. This will appear on your CE Certificate.
CEU Course Description
Currently, there is wide variation in content, style, and length of batterer intervention programs, from small group treatment programs to universal prevention efforts. This CEU course focuses on the research on small group treatment programs for men who batter by first providing a brief overview of the history and current practice of groupwork with men who batter, and then focuses on key findings from the published research on batterer group programs.
Article Author: Jeffrey Edleson, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Investigate the type of batterer intervention programs that provide the most positive outcomes in terms of reassault prevention.
2. Examine what has been found to affect program completion.
3. Identify the factors responsible for better outcomes among participants of batterer programs.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-07-03