Ethics for Social Workers
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 04/28/2022. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
Florida Licensee's: This course is approved for Ethics credit for Licensed Social Workers and General Credit for MT, MH and CN
CEU Course Description
Social workers and other behavioral health professionals are expected to protect the well-being of their clients and adhere to the values, ethical principles, and standards of the profession. The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of issues that social workers may face in the areas of competence, social diversity, informed consent, conflicts of interest, privacy and confidentiality, as well as other concerns. Ethical responsibilities to clients, society, and the profession are discussed along with the evolution of ethical standards in the profession. Finally, several clinical vignettes are presented that offer practical examples of dilemmas that social workers may face, as well as possible strategies to manage such conflicts.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Identify the purposes of developing and promoting codes of ethics for clinical social workers.
2. Summarize the history and evolution of ethical standards in the social work profession.
3. Discuss ethical concerns that social workers face related to competence and integrity, social and cultural diversity, confidentiality and privacy, conflicts of interest, and dual relationships.
4. Evaluate social workers’ ethical response to colleagues, the profession, and the broader society.
5. Examine practical examples of ethical dilemmas that LCSWs may face and review potential solutions.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-03-16