End of Life Care
$16.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Beginning
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
Includes 'Pain Management'
CE Course Description
This course by the National Institute on Aging is a thoughtful collection of facts, suggestions and guidelines for caregivers of people facing death. Equally informative for family members and professional health care givers, many end-of-life and post-death concerns are addressed with clarifying examples.
CE Course Objectives
1. Distinguish between palliative care and hospice care as end of life care options.
2. Understand end of life pain management choices.
3. Recognize final stage Alzheimer's symptoms.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of end-of-life medical terminology, procedures and the conditions they are designed to alleviate.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of presented end-of-life legal issues and documents.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-01-16