PTSD and Suicide
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
In recent years, the increasing suicide rates among Veterans and active duty military members has brought predictors of suicide with specific relevance to these populations to the forefront of the research in this area. This CE course summarizes the state of the literature on the association between post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and death from suicide across civilian, active duty, and Veteran populations.
Author: PTSD and Death from Suicide. (2017). Gradus, Jaimie. National Center for PTSD. Volume 28, No. 4.
Retrieved from: https://www.ptsd.va.gov/publications/ptsd_rq.asp
CE Course Objectives
1. Name three factors that are associated with suicides among active duty members of the US military.
2. Conclude the disorder that puts women at a particularly elevated risk for suicide.
3. Identify what has the largest influence on the association between PTSD and suicide.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Point: PTSD increases risk for death from suicide
2. Counterpoint: PTSD is protective against death from suicide
3. Understanding disparate findings
4. Featured articles
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2018-11-19