PTSD - The Latest Research
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 11/29/2021. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CE Course Description
This CE course provides the latest research on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) by exploring the DSM-5 changes, implementing evidence-based treatment, group versus individual therapy, child and adolescent trauma, utilizing telemental health technologies, and the role of biomarkers in the treatment and diagnosis of PTSD.
Article Author: Matthew Friedman, M.D., Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the major changes in the DSM-5 relating to PTSD.
2. Investigate what is included in self-management group therapy that is designed to target depression.
3. Examine the therapeutic components that are wise to incorporate when addressing PTSD in a group treatment setting.
4. Scrutinize the results that have been found for the effectiveness of videoconferencing psychotherapy for PTSD.
5. Identify the type of therapy for which therapeutic alliance predicts positive child outcomes.
6. Describe what has been replicated in both men and women and constitutes as the most consistent biological abnormality in PTSD to date.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-10-01