Meditation in Treating PTSD
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Evidence-based psychotherapies (EBPs), such as Prolonged Exposure and Cognitive Processing Therapy, are generally the first-line interventions for PTSD. Unfortunately, many Veterans still have diagnosable PTSD following EBPs or prefer to try other strategies. This CE course explores ways to supplement existing treatments, reduce barriers to engagement in EBPs, and provide alternative for individuals who are affected by PTSD.
Article Author: Alexander Talkovsky, PhD and Ariel Lang, PhD, MPH
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Investigate for which symptoms mindfulness has been demonstrated to be a significant negative predictor.
2. Examine which meditation-based treatment has the most supporting data for merit.
3. Elucidate how many mindfulness-based meditation sessions are needed for Veterans to have a significant reduction in their cortisol awakening response.
4. Identify the practice modifications of “trauma-sensitive” yoga that help trauma survivors feel safer.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2018-03-18