Drugs of Abuse
$35.00 | CE Hours:7.00 | Intermediate
*Illinois ICB Credit for Counselor I, Preventionist I, CARS I, MISA I, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, CPRS I, MAATP I, NCRS I, CFPP II, CVSS II
CE Course Overview
This course is intended to give an overview of the most commonly abused drugs. It begins with an explanation of the Controlled Substances Act, how it is used, and the substances listed on the five Schedules. It covers the five classes of drugs regulated by the CSA, including the origin of each drug, its street name(s), information about what it looks like, how it is used, its mental and physical effects, and its legal status.
CE Course Objectives
1. Be able to answer most questions about the regulation of drugs by the Controlled Substances Act.
2. Be able to talk credibly with users, caregivers, and others about the drugs covered in the course.
3. Know what people are talking about when they use street names for these drugs.
4. Know something about the mental and physical effects of each drug covered in the course.
5. Know and be able to talk with others about the effects of an overdose of any of these drugs.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-10-04