Case Management, Care Planning, and Behavioral Health for Homeless Individuals
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
In the United States and other industrialized countries, rates of disease and mortality are high among those experiencing homelessness and youth represent one of the largest sub-groups of the overall homeless populations. This CE course provides an overview of the health issues among youth, case management, and advance care planning among the homeless.
Author: Claudia Davidson. National Health Care for the Homeless Council. (2016, April). Vital Role of Case Management for Individuals Experiencing homelessness: A Quarterly Research Review of the National HCH Council, 4:1.; Claudia Davidson. National Health Care for the Homeless Council. (2016, June). Advance Care Planning for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness: A Quarterly Research Review of the National HCH Council, 4:2.; Claudia Davidson. National Health Care for the Homeless Council. (2015, October). Behavioral Health among Youth Experiencing Homelessness: A Quarterly Research Review of the National HCH Council, 3:4.
Retrieved from: https://www.nhchc.org/
CE Course Objectives
1. Conclude what the Patient Self-Determination Act passed in 1990 requires Medicare and Medicaid providers to do.
2. Describe three things that have positive impacts in deterring homeless youth from substance use and risky sexual behaviors.
3. Explain how case management helps reduce costs and alleviate the economic impact of homelessness.
4. Summarize why ACP should be facilitated earlier for the homeless population than for the general population.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Vital Role of Case Management for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness
a. What Is Case Management?
b. Case Management Positive Outcomes
c. Role of Case Management in Specific Interventions
d. Importance of Care Coordination within Case Management Models
2. Advance Care Planning for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness
a. Morbidity and Mortality
b. Concerns about Death
c. Advance Care Planning
d. Palliative and End-of-life Care
e. Advance Care Preferences and Attitudes
3. Behavioral Health among Youth Experiencing Homelessness
a. Youth Homelessness: A Snapshot
b. Behavioral Health
c. Factors Influencing Behavioral Health Outcomes: Protective and Risk Factors
d. Accessing Behavioral Health Services
Date Added: 2018-04-15
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.