Boundaries and Dual Relationships in Clinical Practice
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Due to the age of the material, this course will be discontinued from our library on 5/09/2019.
CE Course Description
Ethics complaints on dual relationship and boundary crossing continue to rise both in nature and variety. This CE course examines the complexities surrounding dual relationship and boundary crossing in clinical psychology by explaining the pertinent moral and clinical worries that clinical psychologists face daily in their practice.
Author: Afolabi, Olusegun. Dual relationships and boundary crossing: A critical issues in clinical psychology practice. International Journal of Psychology and Counselling. Vol 7(2), pp 29-39. (2015, March). This article was originally published in the International Journal of Psychology and Counselling and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/
CE Course Objectives
1. List four circumstances in which it is inappropriate for clinical psychologists to get involved.
2. Explain three causes to rises in role incongruity.
3. Compare and contrast boundary violations and boundary crossings and identify which is more injurious to clients.
4. Provide the first step in the sequence of engaging in sexual misconduct.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Dual relationship and boundaries in clinical practice
2. Boundary crossing and violations in clinical practice
3. Boundary decisions in context
4. A decision-making model
6. The model
7. Application of decision-making model
8. Case Studies
Date Added: 2018-12-12
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.